Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 24th 2013
Published: August 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Caught the ferry from Ko Phangan to Ko Tao, thankfully this time it was sunny and calm and the journey took a little over an hour and a half. What a difference to the last time I cam when we caught the tail end of a cyclone and the crossing was awful.

Although at this time of year the island is quite busy the atmosphere is still very relaxed. Most of the time has been spent, snorkelling, reading, walking, eating and sleeping. Just what a weary traveller needs. I have spent time with my son and his girlfriend Winnie who always make me feel so welcome, and its great to catch up on everything and just be together.

The island is quite small compared to Phangan and Samui. It's about five miles by two miles so its easy to walk almost anywhere, as long as you don't mind a few almost vertical hills.

I guess that this week things will really go quiet as most people head home for when the children go back to school. Looking forward to empty beaches.

The snorkelling here is pretty good, the last time we went to the Japanese Garden and the fish and coral were awesome. If any of you fancy diving in Ko Tao at any time in the future go to Planet Scuba they have a great team there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb