Koh Tao Day 3 & 4


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
March 2nd 2011
Published: March 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Tao to Phangang


These past two days here at Haad Tien have been serious chill. We basically were beach bums soaking in the rays, reading and snorkeling. The snorkeling has been some of the best I have ever experienced. Not only was the reef loaded with soft corals and tons of fish, it is also inhabited with 5 to 6 foot black tip reef sharks. I could not help but feel like a Tetra fish food flake as we were peering down on the circling sharks. I guess there were not hungry as they left us alone.

As we were hanging on this quiet beach, we started discussing how many modes of transportation we have been on in the last few days. We have traveled on trains, subways, airplanes, tuk tuk, taxi car, motorcycle side car, scooter, cable car, ferry, long tail boat, dive boat, pickup truck, van, tram, golf cart, big bus, mini bus, elephant, bamboo raft, white water rubber raft and of course a lot of walking.

One of the interesting phenomena that we learned about on Koh Tao is the bio fluorescent plankton that is visible on the shoreline at night. It is an amazing blue color that actually lights up as you walk along. It was so cool! Every time you would move your hands or feet through the water the plankton would fluoresce and it was like hundreds of stars or fire flies swarming around you.

The rest of our last day on Koh Tao was spent on the beach and we managed to get in a bit more snorkeling with the sharks. We checked out and headed over to the pier to catch the ferry to Koh Phangan. In case I did not mention, there is no way off these islands except for a ferry. Koh Samui is the island with the airport that we will depart from on Friday. The ride to Phangan was about an hour ride. The next update will be coming for our final stop in Thailand.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb