Koh Tao Diving and Dining


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 1st 2011
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Koh Tao


This morning we woke up and got ready for our trip out on the water! We were at Impian & Garden at 11:30, got our gear, and I went over hand signs and basic info with Kevin, my French dive instructor/buddy. We also went out to buy a sandwich (from ma street vendor, 60 baht) to take with us. At around 12:30 we headed to the pier and all the SCUBA boats were lined up waiting. To get to our boat we only had to pass through one other, but there was a steady stream of people flowing through for about 20 minutes. We were going to dive at Japanese Gardens but there was too much swell so we dove at Twins. We did two dives (the first for 42 minutes, the second for 43) and had fresh watermelon and cookies on the boat. The instructors and divers were all really great and I definitely recommend this company – they really know what they're doing and they’re all really nice. It’s owned by a Dutch-Indonesian man and I thought the place had a great atmosphere.

During the dives we saw a lot of different fish: trigger fish (I didn’t know these were aggressive), eel, clown fish, angel fish, banner fish, sting ray, sea cucumbers, grouper, marina, and others…It’s crazy how fast the dive goes by – it feels like we’ve been down for 5 or 10 minutes and then it’s time to go! Can’t wait to do some more diving in Bali!

After we finished we went to dinner at El Gringo restaurant and then went back to the hotel so Ronald could work. Tomorrow we leave for Koh Phangan at 10 am.

Technical Details

- Tickets from Koh Tao to Koh Phangan: 250 for the slow boat (2 hours), 400 for the speed boat (1 hour)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb