Koh Tao to Koh Samui x


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
December 4th 2013
Published: December 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We've been in Koh Samui for a few days now and had an eventful 24 hours from our last night in Koh Tao to arriving here. As I said Matt and Alex left for Samui a day earlier than us so on our last night in Ko Tao me and Brad went for dinner. We were going to eat in our hotel because of the weather but because it's the low season they didn't even have it open so we had to get a taxi into town. We went to a really good little restaurant called Barracudas, a really cool,little restaurant where I was able to order proper sausage and mash, I'd been craving it for ages and it was delicious!! We had a really nice evening and went to pay for the bill and Brad can't find his wallet!! I stayed at the restaurant and he retraced his steps, even found the taxi lady and searched her car, it wasn't there and he remembered putting it in his pocket after paying everyone was helpful trying to help us find it but it had clearly been stolen from his pocket. So our last night in Ko Tao didn't go to plan but the main thing is we still have our passports and we are both safe lol.

We got the boat early the next day looking forward to a new place after the night before. We had booked into a hotel thinking we could relax around a nice pool with an amazing view but when we got to our hotel brad saw the pool empty and half built! We asked if that was the only pool and it was, apparently would be finished the next day (not likely!!) and we were told we could use a pool in 1 of the villa rooms that everyone had to use to and we had to be escorted each time!! This didn't go down well either and to top it off our room was on the road which wasn't exactly a cheap room either. They moved us to a quieter room and we had lunch accepting the pool would be ready the next day but as soon as we sat down they started the work on the pool, about 4 men appearing out of nowhere after Brad complaining! We ordered our food and then Brad took a bite and a huge bug flew out of his burger!!!! Now all of you who know him this was literally boiling pint for Brad he stormed off and walked last reception asking for a taxi to be booked and we were leaving. I've followed him and got back onto agoda and booked another hotel with the staff at the current hotel miraculously offering us a free upgrade to a villa with a pool lol. By this time the damage was done and after a stroppy call with agoda had our money refunded and we headed to The Mantra. Now....as soon as we walked into this hotel we knew we'd made the right decision we were in heaven!!! The hotel was overlooking the most breath taking view with Islands in front of us and never ending crystal clear blue sea we were happy again haha. I would honestly recommend The Mantra to anyone staying in Koh Samui it was the. It's amazing hotel with great staff and food and drink. Definitely a place we will go back and visit. Alex and Matt even booked in for a few nights with us!

I will update you on samui in my next blog which I promise won't take as long guys!!

Love B&K xxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb