Day 1 ... Koh Samui Relaxation


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
June 14th 2013
Published: June 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our infinity pool!Our infinity pool!Our infinity pool!

The boys enjoying the pool off the lounge room of our unit!
Well it has been a fun filled 24 hours ... After enjoying a lovely 3 course Thai lunch yesterday at the resort we ventured down the hill to the local town on Bang Po. We walked along the secluded beach (this is not a very busy area of the island so we were not around many other tourists) and enjoyed a drink in a quiet beach bar whilst the boys played in the sand. There will be more of this as it was so peaceful and relaxing.

Given the boys were running on less than 5 hours sleep from the night before we dropping in a 7-11 to pick up some "ready made" dinner for the boys and they at in the room fairly early and went to bed by 7pm local time (10pm Aussie time!). They were falling apart by then! Soctt and I enjoyed a sunset cocktail and fell asleep ourselves soon after ... clearly we all needed to catch up.

We all had a brilliant sleep and woke up to the ocean views once again ... hard to take really! Breakfast was great and then we decided to head off for an "adventure." We landed at the bottom of the hill and after negotiating a lot with drivers of all sorts of vehicles for a lift to a local shopping area we decided it would be easier to hire a car for us to get around in. What a simple process! Now we have the freedom to come and go as we please so we will keep the car for the remainder of our time at Koh Samui.

Shopping was busy but rewarding. The boys bought sunglasses (of course!) and some board shorts and shirts. At least we got a bit out of their system for a while so we can enjoy some other things over the next few days.

Just back at the room now about to head off for lunch. Every time we walk back into this room (which is about the size of a large 3 bedroom house) we feel like staying here and not going out anywhere. It is truly that amazing!

We hope to visit a local area later today called Fisherman's Village. It is a Friday night event on the island so we thought we should be a part of it. The area has night markets and lots of places to eat or drink. We will see how the boys go ... but we are willing to give it a go!

Bye for now ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Local Eating SpotLocal Eating Spot
Local Eating Spot

Enjoying a drink at a local restablishment while the boys play in the sand


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb