Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
December 31st 2010
Published: January 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ko Samui, Chaweng Beach, December 31st, 2009!! (Ko means island)!!

Hello all! We made it to Ko Samui, and it was well worth the trek!!

We left Phuktet on the 30th at about 6:30am, and we drove for the ferry dock. It was about a 4 hour drive. The original plan was to cross over on the ferry with our car, but it was a 4 hour wait with the car, or a 20 minute wait without, so we ditched the car. The ferry ride across was about 2 hours, and needless to say it included beautiful views of the sea, and the neighboring islands. We goty to our hotel at 2:00pm, and by about 2:15, we were lounging on the beach. The weather was awesome!!

The story with Ko Samui goes something like this:

Apparently back in 1971, 2 tourists landed on Samui via a coconut boat from Bangkok, and since then it’s just taken off. It’s Thailand’s third largest island, and it’s more of the Thailand that we all expected. White sand beaches, palm trees blowing, crystal clear wavy water, and styling bars along the beach!! Since all of the hotels and bungalows on Chaweng Beach are built on the beach, we get to access everything from the beach. So we can literally go from bar to restaurant, back to another bar via the beach, without our shoes, which definitely makes for a comfy evening. They even have bars with lawn chairs, so depending on how far back you recline your chair, you can enjoy a beverage watching the waves rolling in, or just laying back staring at the stars. The crowd over on this side is also a little younger (maybe too young, lol), mostly backpackers from all over the world!

We’re really enjoying our stay so far, and glad we made the trek.

Tonight it’s off the Ko Pha-Ngan for the “Full Moon Party” which just happens to fall on New Year’s Eve this year!! Wow, imagine that!!

I’ll be sure to take serious notes on this trek.

Cheers!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



6th January 2010

7th January 2010

That's great Dave, good for you. Sorry about the late reply, but I'm still learning how to use this. Didn't even know I had a comment section!! Talk to u soon bro, u da man!!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb