Ko Samui & Ko Phanagn


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
February 28th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Ko Samui to the most bizarre airport ever - its all outdoors very strange. Had a good few days in Ko Samui just chilling by the beach - our room was 20 ft from the sand. The place was quite chilled out which was great after the madness of Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

Sat was the rugby match and we headed in to watch it in the Samui Shamrock in Lamai beach. It was a big budda holiday over here though and no where was serving drink - except the Irish bar where we had to drink out of mugs !! This didnt last long though as the Irish bar was paid a visit by the Thai police and closed at 10 - the match was at 12 thai time ! Instead we found an Aussie bar for the Italy match but it then closed as the Irish one kicked off. Last option was an English bar where once we got in the door the shutters came down and we had a good old lock in. It was a long night !!

The next day we packed up and were off again to Koh Phanagn for the Full Moon Party ... (it was scheduled for the Friday night but was cancelled because of the budda holiday and local elections)

The full moon party was crazy - that is the only way i can describe it. I have never seen anything like it - 25000 people going wild on a beach with dance / rave and pop music blaring from different sections of the beach, fire dancers performing along the wateredge, everyone covered in illuminous body paint !! It went on for over 12 hours!

Unfortunately the weather in Ko Phanagn was awful - it rained pretty much all day Sunday and Monday. On Tuesday we decided to cut our losses and leave the island for Koh Phi Phi ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

watching the irish match watching the irish match
watching the irish match

luke very happy we found somewhere serving beer!!
our lantern our lantern
our lantern

they sell these lanterns on the beach in ko samui and the sky is lit up with them every night - they just float up and eventually disappear and are a really pretty sight


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb