Day 39 - 45: Krabi, Ko Phi Phi & Phuket


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1237 steps of hell, to find a sanctuary - The Tiger Cave Tempell




With Lewis sidelined, not wanting to stray too far away from a lavatory we left him at the Blue Juice basecamp and decided to climb the fabled Tiger Cave Temple (Once upon a time a Tiger lived in a cave and it used to roar. This attracted some buddhist monks. They ended up building a temple 1237 steps in the sky and the Tiger ended up running away. ie. Religion destroys wildlife.) Anyway, after we shed half our bodyweight in sweat we arrived at the summit and marvelled at the views. Then we went back down and got a lift back from a Thai boxer with over 150 fights under his belt. Good experience. Lolz.



For Louise's 24th birthday we decided to go to Magaluf, only joking, Ko Phi Phi. On a positive note we went rock climbing again and this time we didn't forget the camera (woohoo!). Dave Smith embraced the Phi Phi lifestyle and threw himself into the bucket-culture whole heartedly. In all seriousness Ko Phi Phi was a beautiful island destroyed by tourism and english louts.

Excited to leave the island we were slightly hesitant as to what awaited us in Phuket. Thanks to a good hostel we were allowed time to recover in the quieter than expected Phuket town. Patong Beach on the other hand was like Magaluf, Ayia Napa, Malia and Kavos all mixed together in a pot and put on steroids. Huge pole dancing bars, dodgy massage parlours, luxury hotel resorts, massive shopping malls and ladyboys...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb