Ko Phi Phi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a taxi, boat, bus, tuk tuk, bus, boat and long trek we arrived in ko phi phi on Tuesday !! Phi Phi is the most beautiful place we have ever seen and you actually have to pinch yourself to believe it is real ! If anyone has watched the film, The Beach - it is exactly like that - amazing! The island is quite small and there are no cars, motorbikes, tuk tuks so you just walk everywhere and the locals transport bags and food in carts. Phi Phi was hit very badly by the tsunami and although most places are now rebuilt you cannont but see the devestation it caused. The town itself is lovely and really small.

On Wed we went by long boat to a beach called Long beach which is only accessible by boat. The water was crystal blue and so clear so needless to say i didnt see luke all day - anytime i wanted to see where he was i just looked out for a blue snorkle ! Each time you walked into the water all you could see was little nemo's swimming around! Amazing ..

Thursday we went on a full day snorkle and kayaking trip all around Phi Phi visiting all the islands. Our first stop was Maya beach where the film, the beach was shot. Unfortunately there was no sign of Leonardo or the French bird! The snorkling was amazing and we saw the most colourful fish you could imagine and loads of coral. Although damaged by the tsunami it was still so beautiful. From here we went to visit Monkey Island and even got to feed the monkey's bananas ! Unfortunatly the weather changed and it rained for the rest of the afternoon !! We met a great group on the trip and we all headed out last night together.

Last night we went to the Reggae Bar where you can watch Thai kick boxing for free and they basically go around asking people to volunteer and fight their mates for free booze. It is hilarious and both girls and guys get up to fight. Buckets are the big thing over here - basically everyone drinks out of buckets !! You can buy them on the street or in any of the bars and they can be full of gin / vodka / rum / cocktails and mixers. They are really cheap and they fill them with ice and lots of straws and everyone just drinks out of them !! Madness. ....



We have decided to stay another night or two here - also hoping the weather will improve !!There is a half moon party tonight and have bumped into Rhona again - such a small world ! Next we are heading to Railay and from there maybe Krabi / Ko Lanta !!





Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



29th February 2008

Take me to the beach
im totally addicted to your travel blog. absolutely loving it. They monkeys are so cute. How did the irish match go down in the english bar.? Keep the blog going myself and eamonn are loving it. missing ye tonnes
29th February 2008

NEMO!!!
You saw nemo????? Please say you took a photo!!! Headin in to book thailand tomorrow you have given great tips on where to go!!! ;-)

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb