You lost your what?!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
June 19th 2012
Published: June 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello from the beautiful island of Ko Pha Ngan!

It's six days since we left England and you'll all be pleased (really really jealous) to hear that we're having fun in Thailand. Pha Ngan is infamous for its full moon beach parties and, although we knew we wouldn't be able to make it to the monthly alcohol-fest, when we arrived on the island we discovered that a Black Moon party was being held on the 18th. Perfect timing, right?!

Back in Surat Thani we had already paid for one night's accommodation in preparation for our arrival so when the boat landed at the port we knew exactly where we were heading. What we didn't realised was quite how remote the Haad Gruard Beach Resort was. By day, it was a beautiful collection of wooden bungalows with hammocks and an infinity pool. By night, it was a little too far from civilisation for our liking. After a failed attempt to get out of the resort, we spent the evening chatting to some rather peculiar individuals... We left pretty quickly the next day!

That's when we found the Lazy House Hostel in Haad Rin. We're in a dormitory of 26
Ko SamuiKo SamuiKo Samui

Waiting for the ferry on Ko Samui
people but it's air conditioned so it's not like some back-packer's nightmare. It's actually really fun. Last night, before going to the Black Moon party covered with florescent facepaint face paint, we had a couple of drinks with the people in our dorm. Met some guys from the Faro Islands which are apparently a part of Denmark. Well, you learn something new every day!

Black Moon was surreal. Everything was flourescent. We all tied our shoes to our shorts and danced bared foot in the sand for hours. We even managed to lose Emma but unfortunately she turned up again. Minus her shorts. We're still not entirely sure what happened but she seems to remember going for a quick swim at some point during the night! Classic Sherriffs.

Today we're feeling a little fragile but think we might brave a snorkelling trip at some point....

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb