Thailand - Week 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
June 18th 2012
Published: June 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Samui to Phangan


Hey guys,

We've not really been doing much whilst we've been here. We've just taken the chance to relax for a while...and it's been goooooood. Half way through our week in Samui we booked a minibus tour to enable us to see around the rest of the island (the best way is to rent a motorbike but that wouldn't be a good idea for us seeing as though neither of us can drive!) On the tour we saw various Wats (Temples) including Big Buddha which is Samui's most famous, a super creepy mummified monk, a monkey show, a waterfall (with Elephants at the bottom!) and the island's largest town: Nathon. Apart from that we've been typical beach and pool bums. On our last night we just lazed by the pool and treated ourselves to a couple of cocktails as the sun went down.

The next day we got the boat from Samui to Ko Phangan on Saturday and have done a bit of exploring of Haad Rin. Phangan is SO different to Samui...well same same but different (as the locals say haha). It's just so much more touristy here and quite a bit busier. Not mega hectic though so it's all good!! When we got to our digs we realised we had left the camera case (with the memory card with ALL our India pictures on it) along with the day to day diary we've been keeping at the resort on Samui! Disaster! After Josh had a little panic we put our calm heads on and got in contact with the resort and asked them to find it for us. Thankfully they did so no worries there! That night we went to a party on the beach which was pretty awesome. It was nothing like we expected, and there weren't really any total idiots that were completely paraletic and spewing everywhere so that was a bonus! All night there was a group of men doing fire tricks over and over again. The surprising thing though was that the best one out of all of them was a kid no older than 7 in Digimon pj's!! Mental. It was a good night though. That's pretty much all we've done since we got here.

Apart from...

...

...Get bamboo tattoo's!!! Haha I know some of you will wanna slap our wrists and send us to bed without any supper but don't worry! We made sure it was clean and everything and we did our research before hand. (For those 'less educated' it's a tattoo done with a bamboo stick and a needle, not a tattoo of bamboo...) We're going to try and put all our photos from Thailand on here so fingers crossed it'll work!


Additional photos below
Photos: 180, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



18th June 2012

Really enjoyed your sunset photos!
Looks like your practice with the blog early on has helped. You are doing very well. Enjoying following along. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb