lazing on the beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
July 31st 2005
Published: August 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I feel so relaxed. have been lazing about on the beach for ages.
its so beautiful. I'm quite used to Thailand now which is good. At first the sights and sounds of Bangkok espeicially are quite overwhelming.
I leave for Vietnam this afternoon and have booked the plane for Xiamen, China after that.
I love the shopping here but i've got so much junk now i can barely carry it.
deciding to post some junk home was the obvious choice, unfortunately once i got to the post office yesterday it was closeing and i was assured it would be open 9-12 the next day.
on my return appearing carrying four bags full of junk through bangkok they were closed!
The thai people outside must have thought i was mad. Sweating and angriliy gesturing at the closed post office about a km from the guesthouse.

Went snorkelling on Koh Pha Ngan and rode the elephants in Phuket it was pretty amazing. All the fish and coral some of them look flouresccent. Went to ride the Oxen on Koh Samui and learn about traditional thai farming. I'll never look at fried rice the same again after watching the process of grinding off the husks, planting the rice in the paddy, harvesting and pulling the leechs off the Oxen.

Koh Pha Ngan was the site of my off road adventure, I hired a jeep and went crazy zipping about the sites. Traffic was a literally huge problem not cars, but lumbering elephants walking slowly along the road.(see photo)


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

picpic
pic

these were really huge, they belong to the lady temple deity she has a huge room full of clothes and dress ups
traffic traffic
traffic

island style traffic
lady boylady boy
lady boy

her whitney houston was amusing


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb