Happy New Year!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 30th 2006
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

New Year's Eve



10,000 peops on a beach, loads of loud music and buckets galore. With these three ingredients we saw in the Thai, Omani and English New Years. We partied on the sand, in the sea and on tables. It was ace.

We met Charlie girl and Luke (who we met at the hostel in Bangkok- wicked fun and were'nt afraid to party!) and we had lots of fun. Pete and Charlie boy got into some illuminous paints- product research for the full moon! The pics tell the story better.


Chillaxing and fishing



New Year's eve and the full moon party were a few days apart- with the massive number of visitors creating a waiting list for transport to escape the island. The cause of this was that, in between parties etc, had quite a few days just dossing about in the sun. We met this cool fisherman called Kajon who took us out a couple of times to catch lots of fish. First time we caught loads of small fish (about 40!)- mainly chicken fish, which taste like chicken- and red snapper. After a slow start, Nessy caught nearly all of them. The next time we went looking for bigger fish but didn't catch any. In the end we had to settle for a couple of snappers and watch the sunset- which was amazing.

In the evenings we barbequed the fish at Kajon's pad and shared it with his family- he has the coolest little nephew called Non. Thai kids are cute as. Non even tweeked Charlie's nose during dinner!


Full Moon Party



Warming up to the party, we all played cards (horseracing again, and jiggery pokery) and made the most of happy hour. Before leaving, we did some body art in our bungalow (see below), which has ended up on everyone's clothes as a reminder.

There's not a lot more to it- its easy really! Just drink buckets, dance like mad and let the beer compass take you home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

10,000 people10,000 people
10,000 people

'Avin it large
Where's Nessy?Where's Nessy?
Where's Nessy?

There she is!
Stupid Man!Stupid Man!
Stupid Man!

Reaches for the tiger balm
We found Shisha!We found Shisha!
We found Shisha!

New guitar, hammock and shisha! Immense!
Our padOur pad
Our pad

This is where we spent our days chillin etc.
FishermanFisherman
Fisherman

What a pro
Kajon the expertKajon the expert
Kajon the expert

He taught Nessy well
Red sky at night...Red sky at night...
Red sky at night...

Shepherd's pie.
A fishy feastA fishy feast
A fishy feast

These are some of the chicken fish we caught! They taste a bit like chicken- but more like a fish
Non!Non!
Non!

The coolest little dude in town.
Kajon and his crew!Kajon and his crew!
Kajon and his crew!

Kajon is the crazy guy with the fish-


Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb