Merry Christmas Everyone!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 24th 2006
Published: January 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas everyone!Merry Christmas everyone!Merry Christmas everyone!

This is our personalised Christmas card to you!
Merry Christmas everyone!

This has been our first Christmas away from all our family and friends, we miss you all loads! We couldn't get our hands on a turkey or sprouts and there wasn't any snow to be found. Instead, we had to settle for babequed tiger prawns, baracuda, snapper and coconuts full of rum! We did manage to make the Thai equivalent of a snowman- a sandman- complete with a carrot nose and sticky arms.

We had some great ideas for our Christmas celebrations, and despite leaving arrangements in the hands of fate, we managed to have a very merry Chrsitmas. Pete played fishy Santa and went to the other side of the island to buy fish for the barby. Nessy wanted a stocking full of prawns this year- and she was a good girl so her wish was granted.

The food was great, and as for drink- we found a Lao boy called Boy who was ace at climbing coconut trees. In exchange for some Bacardi he scuttled up a couple of trees and cut us down about 15 coconuts! (Nice big green ones).

The food was sorted, the drinks were sorted, presents were given (hammocks for everyone!) and we had a great bungalow on the beach. We all had such a good time that by evening we ventured from our hammocks and fishy remains to a bar down the beach where we all had some potent drinks (jagermeister), courtesy of Charlie.

By now we were thinking of everyone back home so much that we had to celebrate some more! Thong nai pan beach is only small so the place to go after 2am is 'Jungle Bar'. This place was pumping out tunes til the sun came up. This is also where we enjoyed our first sam-song buckets (a bucket of ice, strong liquor and fizzy pop with several straws).

All in all, we had one very merry Christmas xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

SandmanSandman
Sandman

This little man doesn't melt- but he does get washed away and stamped on etc.
Surf's upSurf's up
Surf's up

Sandy pants are on their way
MeercatMeercat
Meercat

Pete rode back from the fish market on white horses
Oh sweet irony!Oh sweet irony!
Oh sweet irony!

Charlie takes pics of his rented scooter to prove he didn't damage it. The next day he comes to nurse Nessy to bandage and conceal his fresh wounds from his crash!
Big fishesBig fishes
Big fishes

We had the middle one- we reckon the bottom one could feed the 5000 on its own!
Man cuts fishMan cuts fish
Man cuts fish

Fish is well gutted!
Christmas loveChristmas love
Christmas love

All happy with our christmas prezzies
Boy up a treeBoy up a tree
Boy up a tree

This is our talented Lao friend.
Coconut cocktailsCoconut cocktails
Coconut cocktails

These are very good to drink.
Num nums.Num nums.
Num nums.

Big fat tiger prawns
Xmas sunsetXmas sunset
Xmas sunset

As we watch the sun go down from our hammocks, you guys are just preparing or tucking into your feasts!
Boy on chair with rumBoy on chair with rum
Boy on chair with rum

He also brings some festive hats!
Wirry!Wirry!
Wirry!

bottoms up.
Crimbo fireworksCrimbo fireworks
Crimbo fireworks

Aaaaaaahhh! Ooooooohhhhhhhh!
ChampChamp
Champ

I'm the christmas champion.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb