Drizzling and Diving


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 25th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Pamalai Under a cloudPamalai Under a cloudPamalai Under a cloud

Taken from the dive boat after diving
We awoke on our first morning at Pimalai to a sound that brought fear into my heart... it was raining!

This was not good, though at least we could still walk about in shorts and a t-shirt once it had stopped, which it did after 30 minutes.

Sunday was the lazy day, after breakfast (excellent) we headed for the beach and despite the fact it was a little cloudy you still needed sun tan lotion to avoid being burnt (as I learnt to my cost!)

The only other thing on the agenda was to seek out the dive centre. This was duly done in the afternoon and after the ever present form filling was complete I'd booked myself for 3 dives starting tomorrow.

Later on it started to rain so we headed back to the room and passed away an hour or so on the balcony.

It seems the UK is not the only place in the world to suffer from 'weird weather' the rained had been preceded by several days of high winds, all very unusual in these parts for this time of year.

We dined at the Thai restaurant (one of three in the resort) and finished the evening with a G&T and a game of backgammon - all very civilised.

Tomorrow I had to be up early and at the jetty by 07:45. We were sailing @ 08:00 heading to Koh Haa for a two tank dive so it was an early night (with lots of after sun lotion - ouch!!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb