Day 91 - day 95 -Koh Lanta, 25th - 19th Oct


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
September 29th 2012
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

25th Oct Day 91 Koh Lanta

We checked out of the hotel and the hotel porter put our bags in his oversized wheelbarrow to bring us down to the pier. As soon as we got to the pier there was a guy trying to sell us a hotel and kinda trying to keep us with him as if he worked on the boat, but we were wise to him so just moved to the boat. Unfortunately it was no better on the boat. We got a row of seats on the boat so I just lay down and closed my eyes while all the touts annoyed G, hehehehe!



We ignored them all, and when we got off the boat we chose a place and the guy who worked there brought us to look at it. Literally the second we arrived at the place it started to rain, and I mean rain. We were soaked within seconds, so we kinda had no choice to but to stay there. So after getting the price down by like 50% to €7 each so we agreed to stay. There was a restaurant, a small shop and that was about it at this "resort" and very few people around and the place was pretty much in the middle of no where. Our bungalow was quite big and we both had double beds so I was happy and it was clean with nice white sheets.



After we checked in we got a tuk tuk to Sala Don which was the closet big town and just wandered around the shops and market stalls there wasn't a whole lot to see. So we headed back to the Lanta Palm beach. I was on facebook and noticed that Lisa (on of the Loreto girls we met in Phi Phi) had posted a photo of sunset on Lanta so I sent her a quick mail to see if they were about after dinner we had an early night.



26th Oct - Day 92 Sambuha is evil

So we had a lazy day today not much to report. Lisa go in touch and they are still in Lanta so we arranged to meet them in the Irish Embassy Bar, We got a tuk tuk from the hotel and the driver asked us what time we wanted to be picked up at, we just said 12.30 cus we didn't have a clue.



We arrived at the bar and the place was empty, there was just Lisa and Claire, the bar man and two English guys. G and I were like "shit, shoulda told the taxi man 11!".



Within 5 minuets we had drinks ordered and we were chatting away, when G and I realised we never had dinner, the last food we had was breakfast at 1pm so we had a packet of crisps and peanuts! Then all of a sudden Darren, the barman who was Irish, is handing us shots. We knock them back, cus it would be rude not too, and then realise it was sambucha...BLEGH! Anyway I managed not to vomit and before we know it our tuk tuk driver is there, but we weren't ready to go home so we got him a beer and then the dancing starts. The music was supplied via iTunes on Darrens laptop behind the bar and Darren was drinking as much as he was serving so G would easily distract him while I ran behind the bar to change the song. She also kept stealing his sunglasses from his head and he didn't even notice!



After a lot of drink and dancing like loons, the people from the bar next door came to see what was going on and couldn't understand how we were having so much fun when there was only 6 people in the whole place, but we were having a blast.



At about 2pm we thought it was about time to leave, so the tuk tuk man could go home, by this stage we are hammered in the tuk tuk and for some reason G ends up "driving" us home and the tuk tuk man let her!!! He was still controlling the bike. Then a mop head goes by with two English boys so we were holding hands with them and "having a chat", even though we couldn't hear them! So there was a lot of wolf whistling and beeping the horn all the way home.



When we got in we fell into bed and conked out by far the funniest most random night in a while.



Rx



27th Oct Day 93, Wash out



G can barely move out of bed today and I'm not far behind her, stupid shots!



We had breakfast, which was two slices of toast each G could barely finish one piece so I got three 😊 and then we managed to make it back to the room and to bed.



Thr girls text us to see if we wanted to go out again, we tempted not too but then thought feck it we will have a quiet one, but we need to get some dinner first! After dinner we were walking up the road to get a tuk tuk and noticed a new bar that was having an opening party and the place was packed as we walked up the road more bikes and trucks full of people passes us.



We met the girls at the Irish bar, had a quick drink and catch up with Darren, who was very worse for ware and didn't remember most of the night. Then we decided to go to the new bar we passed.



The four of us headed up and sure enough the place was hoping. It was a really nice bar and as soon as we sat down there were two Thai guys over to chat to us.



The first guy who came over was like "Hi, I'm Rozy, what's your name?" so of course I was like "oh my name is Rosie too!" and then Deja Vu, to the Rosie we met in Samui. It took about 5 mins to explain that we had the same name but with different spelling and he still didn't believe it. So the rest of the night he just kept saying "Hi Rosie!" and wanted to bring me home with him!



The other guy fell in love with Lisa, his name was Fat Boy Slow, and he gave her his heart which he made from straws....awwww!



We stayed there for awhile and when it was time to go, the girls needed a tuk tuk. So a tuk tuk driver was like "ok let me get the bike" two minutes later he is back, but as a passenger and Rozy, who is hammered, is driving!!!



The girls were like I'm not getting in that with him driving! So he gets off the bike and the driver gets on and Rozy curls up on the floor and falls asleep, Claire and Lisa pile in and away they go!



We legged it back to our hotel before anyone could follow us and fall into bed again 😊



Rx



28th Oct Day 94



We had a lazy morning today, no hangover because we didn't drink too much last night thankfully. After breakfast Claire and Lisa texted to see what we were up to so we arranged for them to come up to us There was an animal shelter near by that they wanted to see so we went with them.

The Lanra Animal Rescue Centre is run by volunteers and donations it was set up by a local restaurant owner and all the profits of the restaurant go to the shelter. It is an amazing place for stray and injured cats and dogs. We were given a tour by an English guy who was volunteering with his girlfriend. His girlfriend is just out of vet school and is gaining some really good experience.



We met the cutest little kittens and four adorable little puppies along with lots of other cats and dogs, none if which attacked me, result 😊 Then we got to take two of the doggies for a walk.



After that we went back to the girls hotel and walked along the beach. We stopped at a restaurant for dinner and watched the sunset. The we raided the 7Eleven, you would actually think we never ate the amount of junk we bought. Then it was time to say goodbye to Claire and Lisa as they were heading to Chaing Mai the next day.



We headed back to the hotel for an early night.



Rx



29th Oct Day 95 Last day in Lanta



Today we had to decide what we were doing for the next week so we booked a ticket to Ao Nang beach in Krabi which is back on mainland Thailand, for the following day. Then we went into Sala Don to get a few bits and our taxi driver from the other night brought us and was telling us that he had never had a drink or sat with a customer before and thought we were mad!



All in all I loved Lanta the beach was one of my favourites as it was clean white sands crystal clear water and only a hand full of people. The views was one of my favourite and at night when you looked over the horizon you could see all the fishing boats and there was some pretty awesome lightning storms out at sea.



Off to Krabi in the morning, so we have to do the dreaded packing 😞



Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb