La-La-Laaaaaanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
December 23rd 2011
Published: March 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Koh Lanta and had about an hour before our ride picked us up so we made our way to the "@ Pier Restaurant" which was you guessed it at the pier for some lunch. We had eaten there last time and it was some of the best and cheapest Pad Thai and Pineapple Fried Rice we had on the trip and this time they didn't let us down either. For that, spring rolls and 2 Cokes it was about 8 bucks and delicious! We made a quick stop at the Catfish Bookstore just down from there to stock up on a few books for the next couple weeks but didn't have much luck and they seemed a bit more expensive than last time.

Our ride found us at the Bookstore and then we had one other couple with us on the ride out to La Lanta Hideaway which is at the south end of the island. We had a few stops on the way for the driver to pick up and drop off a few supplies and it was amazing to see even in the 3 years since we had been here how much had changed. Alot was how we remembered it but there were quite a few more restaurants and shops that had popped up and one of the biggest changes was the road was now paved all the way out to LaLaanta Hideaway and the National Park. Last time we were here the last probably 20 minutes was basically 4WD only type road so the resort truly was a hideaway. Guess it only got paved about a month before we arrived so this definitely icreased the traffic more and you had a few more people on the beach and passing through the hotel to get to the beach. So was a bit different, but it still was 100 times less busy than Phuket, Surin or even the other end of Koh Lanta so we weren't complaining. It still is a little slice of paradise!

We checked in and were greeted by the same warm owners and the friendliest staff and settled right in to a routine of eat, beach, swim, read and repeat. Not a whole lot else! It was perfect! Just what we were needing. We did venture out one day on a scooter to check a few things out and had lunch at another beach but it was so hot out we didn't last long before it was back to La Lanta for a dip in the pool. It really is a perfect spot! The food is great, the owners and staff know you by name and what you like to eat or drink, and are very generous with an extra drink (or more!) and surprising you with free dessert or appies while you enjoy a drink with them at the bar. Think Mike and Kari will have a hard time settling in here....


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb