koh lanta, khlong khong beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
December 3rd 2006
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In bangkok, on kao san road, we managed to buy a krabi bus tickety for 180 baht (less then 4 euro) It was supposed to have taken 12 hrs, but that turned out to be 15, because first we stopped at surat thani before heading south again. From krabi port, we took the boat over to ban saladan, the main village on koh lanta. There were about 20 men waiting for us, all trying to drive us like cattle into their trucks and onto their guesthouses.
We got tackled aswell, and when we decided not to stay in their resort, we were asked a very high price for the taxi trip. Competition is fierce, i guess.
After much unsuccesfull searching along the beach, we decided to spend the first night in an expensive bungalow with AC. So ofcourse the next day onto a nice bamboo/wooden shack on khlong khong beach, where i stayed alst year aswell.
Lovely place, for food, try sonya's, on the main road.

Me and my brother did the 4-island trip, the snorkling was good, but not fantastic.
The cave was really cool though. We swam in and some thai guy was hanging about in the middle of uit, where it was getting dark. On my question how far it was, he answered 30 minutes! I was like, "holy cow, i can't make that". Then he said 10 minutes. Aaargh...
Anyway, he had this tiny little torch, so we followed him in and it really wasn't that far.
You came out in this giant hole in tjhis rock island, with lots of vegetation and a little beach.
Absolutely magnificent. Stunning. Like in the movie, but smaller.
And without the group of 20 japanese. I can still hear the echo's from their voices in my ears.

So yeah, we had a good time. Met some really cool people again (alison & alycha). Got a tan, wich by now has dissapearde from mu back and shoulders, down to sunburn and lots of pealing skin. Oh, by the way, here's an advice; don't drink alcohol and drive scooters at the same time. They don't go well together. (long story)

Anyway, and then it was time to say goodbye to my brother and sister. Thanks maria and maarten, i had a great time, and i really miss your company sometimes.
I spend one more day on koh lanta before
a final goodbyea final goodbyea final goodbye

thanks guys!
i took the minibus to hat yai. From there onwards to malaysia. See you there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

my little pony (tail)my little pony (tail)
my little pony (tail)

a bangkok creaton


10th December 2006

he brother!!
he brother evrithing alride so i can see !! I like the pictiurs te are reali beuatiful !! (mijn engels is volgens mij nog niet helemaal zonder spellings fouten ,sorry) take care!

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb