THAILAND IN SHOCK . . .


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
February 28th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

. . . RACHEL HAS A TAN!

We returned to Koh Phi Phi to have a relax on the beach as we never got to do it 1st time round- unfortunately the weather was some what unpredictable and one evening we got caught in heavy heavy rain!!!

After our relax we were ready to be a bit busy again and headed to Krabi staying in Ao Nang, it was so holiday like here with lots of fancy restaurants along the beach front (we didn't really eat in those).

While we were here we went on an island, snorkelling tour. We got to visit 9 of the small islands around Ao Nang and Krabi, snorkelling and swimming in the sea. We were on a long tail boat all day and we both got absolutely burnt to a crisp! It was really good though and we got taken to a private island to watch the sunset while eating a yummy prawn curry! It was a lovely day. We then got to go snorkelling at night using bio illuminescent light, we didn't see any fish but got covered in plankton which when lit up made us look all glittery and pretty!

We also went kayaking through Bor Thor caves and got to see cave paintings that are 3000 years old. It was really good fun, Paul was at the back steering while Rachel was the muscle at the front... safe to say we were quite slow 😊 Some of the caves had just a small entry that you could only get into via kayak and even then we had to lie down in the kayak to fit through. It was all beautiful scenery! Really good day.

After eating the food for 6 weeks we decided to give cooking it a try and went on a cooking course. Our teracher was Ya who also taught Gordon Ramsey to cook Thai food on his show (our claim to fame). We started by preapring the veg, this was bang bang with a big wooden stick to squish the veg and chop chop with the knife. The main quote of the day "bang bang chop chop". We got to cook allsorts including every Thai curry and a few stir fries... far too much food for 6 people to eat, but we gave it a good go!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb