Some facts what I have learnt


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand
November 18th 2013
Published: November 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

7 of the last 24 hours have been spent at bus stations. if instant coffee and the Thai equivalent of WH Smiths is your thing this is fascinating stuff. Currently waiting for it to get light in Chiang Mai.

I learnt lots of things at the weekend in Bangkok.

Arriving at a prestigious hotel in a tuk tuk is not good form.

Masquerading as a guest at posh hotels gives you access to very nice lavatories.

You are not allowed to take durian (fruit) into nice hotels. (didn't discover this through personal experience- there are signs)

You must give up your seat to a monk on the train.

Monks dont have to pay for nuffink!

There is no street food on Mondays.

Thais can't make sandwiches.

At six pm the national anthem plays and everyone stops and stands up. Not sure this would work in the UK.

Thai lager is 6.4%

Thai cash machines dispense your £ before your card. If you are a bit of a div, you'll grab your money and leave your card in the machine. Oops.

Contrary to initial thoughts, the front seat of the night bus right in front of the massive TV is NOT the best seat on the bus. Unless you enjoy 4ft images of Wolverine blaring out in Thai at 100 decibels at midnight. People might have thought i was a little odd wearing my headphones and sunglasses with a cardigan tied around my head. Not so.

Too much caffeine can make ridiculous songs play on a loop in your head.

When "Bill Odie, Bill Odie rub your hands all over my body" (to the tune of Madonna) is playing on a loop in your head, diazepam is the only answer.

Advertisement



21st November 2013

http://kontraplan.com/site/2012/02/08/david-gandy-by-mariano-vivanco-for-dolce-gabbana-book/
http://kontraplan.com/site/2012/02/08/david-gandy-by-mariano-vivanco-for-dolce-gabbana-book/. Forget bill odie have some of this..bugger got no diazepam and now bill odies got his hands all over my body...x

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb