Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Blogs from Tak
Latest Blogs from Tak
- December 30th 2012 Scooting the Wild
by Words: 3253 Photos: 35
- December 11th 2011 Thi Lo Su Waterfall -- skip it and go to this one instead
by Words: 894 Photos: 46
- September 13th 2010 Be wary of the special soup...
by Words: 1281 Photos: 9
- August 22nd 2010 Motorbike Madness
by Words: 784 Photos: 12
- August 4th 2010 O.M.G.
by Words: 898 Photos: 18
- July 20th 2010 Maybe I Need the Burmese
by Words: 1069 Photos: 15
- May 23rd 2010 The Little Things in Life
by Words: 843 Photos: 10
- December 16th 2006 Rebels, Smugglers, Gangsters and... Backpackers?
by Words: 2531 Photos: 38