I want a spirit house :)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
May 6th 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So in Pai it is the most chilled out place in the world... the bars and cafes are all so cute and quirky, loads of books and swings as seats, cushions and futons. Amazing to just sit and relax whilst they have monsoon style rain in their dry season!!

Trekked this morning to a temple up about a million stairs, it was shut. Amazing views back over Pai though. Then found the cutest tea place where we were guinea pigs for the various cookies and spinach filled bread rolls. YUMMY, even better when they are free.

Last night sat and drank Sangsom and coke (Thai rum/whisky) whilst playing Jenga, met some really cool people in our bid to escape the lizzard that was the size of my face and the spider the size of my hand we found in our bathroom! Its low season but this place is literally all tourist, the cafe to people ratio is waaaay out of whack, but lots of choice. Can see why everyone rants about this place!

Off to do a thai cooking course later... anyone who wants to test my thai cooking when I am home feel free to volunteer!

The journey here from Chiang Mai involved me propping up everyones' bags in the back of a minibus round about 200 corners, well worth it though, its beautiful to be able to look up from any street and see mountains in the clouds.

Chiang Mai was fun, so lovely to meet new people, raid the night market, even when we did get caught in the rain. Trekking and white water rafting were SO much fun, even trying to keep someone in a boat by their foot (unsuccessful) when they fell out was hugely entertaining.

As for elephant riding, just felt wrong after how angry we made the elephant in the Serengetti, our elephants bids for freedom were met with firm whacks from the guy riding with us. Not that enjoyable after seeing wild animals where they are meant to be.

Already have my Faybans (Fake Raybans) and Thai markets are too good too miss... so much stuff I want. Alice's obsession with fisherman pants and my new found love for thai pattern bags has resulted in some wardrobe overhauling to be able to still carry everything in our bags!

Off to Thai cooking in a bit... hopefully won't poison myself 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb