Arroyo's Golden Triangle - Day 6


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Rai
January 1st 2008
Published: January 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,

I am going to keep this one short and can add more later. Audrey wasn’t feeling well yesterday and I want to be there when she wakes up. The day was going normally and then about 12 noon, she threw-up, got me good. We all ended up with new outfits, even Eddie who was sitting in the front seat! J We were so far away from our hotel that we just kept going and the rest of the day she just couldn’t keep anything down. She doesn’t have a temperature, so I think she must have had some water contaimination or bad food or something. She was still in good spirits, but as we got closer to Chiang Rai, we just cut our day short and hung out around here. It was good for all of us though.

So, here was our day…

We started out at a rubber farm. It was really interesting. I didn’t realize that rubber was actually a sap from a tree. We were given a chunk of it to bring home to show everyone. The harvesters work from 10pm to 2am harvesting the rubber when it is cold to get the
Tribal Children with AudreyTribal Children with AudreyTribal Children with Audrey

They adored her. She thought she was a princess.
best quantity. The groves were amazing and serene.

From there we headed to the golden triangle which is where Burma, Loas and Thailand meet. It was pretty interesting and they had lots of fun little things for us to do. There were some Akha tribal children there and they fell in love with the girls. They tried to get Sophia to sing for them and wanted to see Audrey walk. They just touched her and played with her for about 30 minutes. From there, we headed for lunch, to try to get something in Audrey’s tummy, she had a great time running around the restaurant and had some rice and noodles.

From there we went to the White Temple. It was pretty awesome. Thailand’s number 1 artist decided that he wanted to create a different type of temple, and boy did he ever. It isn’t finished yet, but what we saw was amazing.

From there, we headed back to the hotel. The girls went in the pool a bit and then we headed out to the night market for dinner. We ended up just heading back because Audrey threw up in the tuk tuk, so we just had room service and Eddie and Sophia headed back out for a date night. I gave Audrey some jello and sprite and she kept it down. Let’s see how the morning goes. I will keep you all posted.

Today we fly to Bangkok.

Love you all!!!

Angie





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb