Friday evening celebrations and the Lao border


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
October 16th 2011
Published: October 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Enough Food?Enough Food?Enough Food?

More food than we could ever eat!
Friday evening Tou one of the Thai girls on the class organised for us all to go out for dinner. It was great! We all went to River View restaurant, Tou picked some of us up from the school in her pick up truck and we all crammed in the back of it : ) Lida our instructor also came and the two of them ordered so much food for us all to share it was crazy and we all ordered a dish aswell. By the end of the meal we were all so full we could barely move! Then Tou paid for everything! She insisted, she is crazy but really lovely and the meal was amazing. The restaurant had views over the river and after we relaxed there for a bit before heading to a bar.
The bar was random to say the least, at first we were the only people there and Tou ordered more food for us! The music was a strange mix and then later they had even stranger singers. I have know idea what type of bar it was but the songs that they sang it English were an odd choice and for the dancing
Travelling Thai styleTravelling Thai styleTravelling Thai style

In the back of a pickup
I don't know how they did it without laughing! But it was a really good night and we found it very amusing.
The saturday morning I got up and went straight to the bus station to buy my ticket to Udon Thani from where I would go on to Laos. This was easy ish but there were no 1st class or vip class left so I went 2nd class. It was only 409b for the over night trip and in the end it was ok. Much more comfortable then the overnight bus I took in Indonesia. From Udon Thani it was just a one hour trip to Nonh Khai on a very nice bus! It stopped on the highway and a load of tuk tuk drivers were shouting 'friendship bridge' so we got off then they tried to charge us over double for the tuktuk and then they stopped to 'help' us get our visas for a very large commission. I said no and they laughed then drove us to the border.
Getting over the border was easy, the tuktuk drivers at the other side were a challenge.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

More in The PickupMore in The Pickup
More in The Pickup

The team loaded up
The MekongThe Mekong
The Mekong

Hello Laos


Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb