Flight of the Gibbon


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 9th 2010
Published: December 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

For our Flight of the Gibbon tour we were picked up in a pretty nice little minibus and along the way they showed us part of The Amazing Race Asia because that was the first thing they had to do in the series. When we got there we harnassed up and pretty much started immediately. I think they have a website with all of the information on it, but it's something like 22 cables, 4 bridges, and two rappels. New for me were the "honeymoon" cables where two people went together, so that was fun. After we had a nice lunch and then went to a nearby waterfall before heading back to Chiang Mai.

I was feeling sick most of the day and ended up having to get out of the van a bit early and walk the rest of the way home so I could throw up on the side of the road...needless to say, last night was not fun, and today I'm still feeling a bit delicate. No idea why I got sick and Ronald didn't because we have been eating and drinking the exact same things...sigh.

We changed our bus tickets for Pai to tomorrow and now we're off to the night market...chao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



9th December 2010

Love it
Looks like so much fun. You didn't say much about the Gibbons though... did you see many?
10th December 2010

we only saw the gibbons for about 5 minutes after we walked up the side of the mountain...they were hooting like crazy, but the only one we saw was the one with her baby and she swung around quite a bit before settling on the branch in the pic.

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb