Chang Mai and Muy Thai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
August 17th 2009
Published: August 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After like a 14 hour train ride, we arrived to Chang Mai. The train was comfortable and I slept well, but Megan really couldn't cause her ear was hurting her and I guess it was too bright on the top bunk. However, it was cool to wake up riding through the jungles, mountains, and rice fields.

We found a guest house upon arrival and after using the internet and screwing around it started raining really hard so I went swimming.

At night we went to this big street festival they have every sunday night, which was pretty cool!

Day two in Chang Mai, we did some walking around...checked out some temples and such. Their is a buttload of really good vegetarian eateries here so we have been enjoying our food for sure...apparently there is a sect of buddhists who are vegetarian here. We also went on a search for another digital camera because mine has been working on and off, but they are kind of expensive and seem kind of on the thick side.

At night we checked out a Muay Thai fight, which was pretty rad. We were waited on by lady boys and the fighter in the main fight was the guy who handed us the flyer for the event. He also tried directing us to his friend in a bar who wanted to sell us whack tickets.

-G


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb