Back in Chaing Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 8th 2008
Published: January 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, we are back in Chiang Mai after 8 days at the Elephant Nature Park. Wow what an experience! It might be hard to find words to explain so I will post a few pictures that explain themselves. The elephants are so beautiful and they taught us so much about how to be compassionate human beings in the world. The stay was fun but hard work too. We had daily chores that included things like, picking up trash, helping out in the kitchen, cleaning up elephant and water buffalo poo, and our favorite... making elephant poo bricks that will be used to build a structure at the park. The Thai students are really warming up to the American teens. And their English is getting better and better everyday. The American students are learning Thai as well but not the same pace. Tonight we have dinner and some free time to go to the night market. Tomorrow we head to the airport to catch a flight to Bangkok. After one nights stay there we will take a 6 hour bus ride South to the coast for our stay in Ban Krud. I will try to update as soon as we get settled there....

Love and Light,
--Christian


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Feeding timeFeeding time
Feeding time

One of our favorite times of the day!
Kisses from PupiaKisses from Pupia
Kisses from Pupia

The park's newest ele.
Making elephant poo bricksMaking elephant poo bricks
Making elephant poo bricks

We mix mud, straw and real elephant poo by stomping and forming by hand. Then baked in the hot Thai sun.


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0892s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb