Thailand so far


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
November 12th 2007
Published: November 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hve only been in Thailand a few days now - spent 4 days in Bangkok, saw a few of the main sights, the Grand Palace and Reclining Buddha are amazing. I'm now in Chiang Mai in the north of Thailand after an overnight train journey (a proper sleeper service where someone comes round and makes your bed up for you, it was brilliant, after a year of many overnight journeys, I've not been able to lie out before!) The big dilemma now is whether to go on a three day trek or stay in Chiang Mai in the hope that someone will be showing the Scotland game, which will be on here at 2 in the morning. It seems as if none of the Asian networks show the European qualifiers, so will maybe go on the trek and hope that someone in a remote tribal village has a long wave radio. I better check that being caught breaking into village elders hut to borrow radio is not a death penalty here. Planning on doing a bit of trekking here and around Mae Hong Son and then over into the north of Laos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Reclining BuddhaReclining Buddha
Reclining Buddha

One end....


15th November 2007

OMG Thailand looks amaaaaaaazing!!
What's the huge buddha made of? Thailand is sooo colourful, am jealous once again. You'll come back and I will be a dark shade of bottle green. I was pastel green before these photies, I am now the shade of lush, verdant grass.
15th November 2007

buddha
wow to the reclining buddha photos. Amazing. Hope you manage to catch the Scotland game. Ask the giant buddha to say a wee prayer for us! cheers John x
15th November 2007

wow
wow nice photo's for a potter

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 87; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb