Out of Bangkok!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
October 10th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we left Bangkok nyesterday on the sleeping train that took 11 hours...not as bad as we first thought though...it was air conditioned and had beds so we could sleep. My friend Juliet and Pete travelled by un air conditioned coach which took tye same time and said it was hell...for an extra 8pounds it was well worth it!! It was such a relief to get out of Bangkok...a few days is really all you need there...we both feel so much more relaxed now we are in Chaing Mai (North Thailand).

So the itenery for the next 2 months then... tomorrow we are going jungle treking on elephants for 3 days to stay with a tribe and go water rafting...its all been booked trhough government run tourist agencies so please do not worry (Mum and Nan!!!), we are then going on sunday up to Chaing Rai which is a little further North to see the long neck tribes, the long ear tribes and for a boat ride down the river to see the golden triangle...after that we may book a days cooking course to learn how to cook Thia food...we promise to copok for you all when we get back if we are successful and dont end up poisoning ourselfs!! Then its back on the slaaping train back to Bangkok.

We have just popped out so i have lefy my camera USB convertor thingy at the hotel so cant download our pictures so far but i will do hopefully later or when we are back from the jungle...i have also left our itinery at the hotel but it goes something like this....

Chaing Mai to Bangkok - Train to Koh Samui (1 week here) - boat to Phuket (1week) - boat to Koh Phan Yang (stay 1 week for the full moon poarty) - Boat to Koh Phi Phi (1 week) - Boat to Phuket (1 week) - Train to Bagkok to get a flight to Vietnam for 7 days - back to Bangkok by plane then to Samui (or maybe Puhket - i cant remember at the moment!!) for another few days before we fly to Singapore for 3 days. We fly out of Singapore to Bali on the 1st December. I know i will be in Vietnam for my birthday but apart from that cant remember the dates right now!! We will let you know! A very busy 2 months for us before we can relax in Bali for 2 weeks (Kell - SJ forgot to mention out of the next 2 months we are on beach resorts for just over 1 month of it all!!).

Anyway so far righting this email for the last half hour has cost me about 10 baht - a whole 15 p!! haha its so cheap!!

Love to you all...big kisses and hugs (although they are all very sweaty ones at the moment!!)

Sj and Kell xxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb