Chang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai » Doi Suthep
April 3rd 2012
Published: April 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Chang Mai is a small city full of temples, street stalls, markets, tourists and a thriving night life. Chang Mai and the surrounding area is home to some 300 beautiful golden buddhist temples and not far from the great outdoors! The old city vicinity where I am staying is only about 2km long and is surrounded by a moat. I easily found a lovely cheap guest house located on a street full of other guesthouses and tourist information shops, offering anything from Thai cooking classes, Hill tribe treks, Meditation classes, bike riding on jungle paths, elephant rides, rock climbing, white water rafting and soo soo much more. I have seen many temples including the Wat Suthep temple (one of Thailand's most famous temples) which overlooks the whole city, the Chang Mai university, and the day, night and weekend markets which are full of cheap clothes and handicrafts. I did a Thai cooking class, where we went to the markets, picked some vegges on a farm and flipped stir fry veges on a wok while a huge flame leapt into the air. I went on a hill tribe trek, and rode elephants, went white water rafting, bamboo rafting and stayed in a hill tribe village up in the mountains and in the jungle. We trekked through the jungle and swam in many beautiful water falls and ate thai food out of bamboo.

I am having the most amazing time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb