Pak Chong - Khao Yai National Park


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We paid for the most expensive bus of the trip so far which was all well and good until he forgot our stop at Pak Chong and dropped us on the side of the motorway about 10km away. Very luckily we bumped into an ex pat who gave us a lift back into town. We ended up staying to the south of the town en route to the National Park. We were up early the next day to get the local bus at 7am to the park gates. The bus never showed so we ended up hitchhiking to the gate and then again to get to the visitors centre 14km inside the park.

Here we managed to get a guide (Lam) with only one other person to take us on an 8km walk to Haew Suwat for 1000bht. Much cheaper then the tours we had considered the night before.

The trail was overgrown and tough going. There were Gibbons swinging around in the trees above us and animal tracks all over the place. Luckily we didnt bump into and wild bears or elephants but our guide had a big gun on him just in case. We had a swim in one of the waterfalls on the way which was amazingly refreshing after a few hours walking although we had to watch our step as there were leeches everywhere and Jord had been covered in them most of the way.

We had to hitchhike 3 more times to get back to our guesthouse and we were exhausted by the time we got home but very pleased with our 2nd jungle adventure. 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Waterfall 1Waterfall 1
Waterfall 1

After a few hours hiking it was nice to cool off!
Haew SuwatHaew Suwat
Haew Suwat

Starring role in 'The Beach'


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb