Day 17 Koh Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Koh Chang » Koh Chang
February 12th 2013
Published: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 17. A relaxed start for the team today followed by a 10:15 departure to meet our speedboat at Chai Chet to take us on a short ride to Koh Rom (island) which has great significance for Norman & Hazel as this was Bens favourite place and where two years ago they scattered his ashes. On arrival the anchor was dropped and Hazel swam with Ben. Flower petals were showered on the water. A few reflective moments were spent on the boat.

Restarting the V6 we sped off to circle the adjacent islands before returning to the quay by 11:45.

A team decision was made by someone to retun to the shopping jetty at Ban Bang Bao where we lunched on the largest king prawns 'in the world' at 3 in a half kilo. 16:00 return to villa to plunge in the pool. Marvellous.

One point of interest for people thinking of visiting the island. The west coast road which links the sandy bays climbs very steeply with hairpin bends and must be approached with skill and great care. This morning on our outing a previous vehicle whilst climbing one of the steep gradients must have spilt a load of oil or grease. The vehicle in front of us, on reaching this slick slowed to a standstill and then, with wheels still driving forward started creeping backward down the hill towards us. Swiftly we swung onto the right hand carriageway and wizzed past to see a panic stricken driver wondering what was happening!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Night squid fishing boat at restNight squid fishing boat at rest
Night squid fishing boat at rest

High power lamps on each boom to attract the fish at night
Another dog pictureAnother dog picture
Another dog picture

Tell Thomas he could look like this if he's not careful


12th February 2013

Happy to see you swimming with Ben Hazel x

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb