breakfast in bangkok. lunch in siem reap.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
June 30th 2014
Published: July 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

bangkok breakfastbangkok breakfastbangkok breakfast

Watermelon, hash browns, and fried rice - the perfect way to start the morning.
The flight gods blessed me with the travel trifecta - no babies, an empty seat next to me and a person who didn't recline all the way bAck. And because of that I got several hours of comfortable sleep.

Bangkok:

The airport is very large and set out in what appears to be the world's longest hallway. The Novotel hotel is just past the central parking lots. So it took about 5 minutes in the shuttle. The lobby is grand with many of the rooms looking into the four story atrium, which is filled with potted plAnts and water features. We made a beeline for the room and fell into bed.

With a few more hours rest, we are up again before sunrise for our flight to Siem Reap. However, we stopped into the lobby for a buffet breakfast. This breakfast can only be described as fusion as there was fried rice next to hash browns and containers of teriyaki fish and chicken sausage sharing a warming tray. Cheeses, breads, and fruit of every kind was laid out for the taking. I tried rambutan for the first time. Peeled, it is a pale white fruit about the size of a large cherry with the consistency and taste of a grape. In addition to the variety of jams (including kiwi), there was a full honeycomb. I unsuccessfully attempted to add some to my tea.

Now at the gate. To be continued...




Advertisement



1st July 2014

Hi
So happy to read your posts. Post pics too so we can see where you are...... Enjoy

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb