bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
February 5th 2014
Published: February 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today didnt start off the best.Daz was snoring like a bear and when he woke up he had cold and dodgy tummy. I got out my supply of tablets and he dosed himself up.
He managed to fight on, he is a little trooper and we headed to sri phraya to catch a boat to be nearer the centre of bangkok. The boat was fab saw all different temples on the riverside only one i know name of is wat Arun. They packed the boats like sardines but i found a safe spot to hold on.and take good pics of the riverside.Was only quick ten min boat ride to Tha Chang. We had pinpointed placed on googles map for areas of interest so started the walk to the first point. We made it to Wat Pho the main temple that i wanted to go to as it has a large reclining buddha 15 metres we didnt think we would be able to go.in any temples as i had my shoulders on show but they gave me a bright lime dressing gown to wear so i kwas happy got to see it.
also in.the temple there are 108 pots which you place bronze in each one and it brings you good luck (im gonna win.lottery when im.back with all these good luck things ive done).The108 is a significant number and refers to the 108 positive actions and symbols that helped lead buddha to perfection.
We walked around the temples in that area. they are everywhere.
We then made our way arpund past the Grand palace,wecouldnt go in there as they are stricter with dress code but it looked lovely from.outside. We walked around the streets risking our lives crossing the road you basically just go n put ur arms out to be honest thou everyone is everywhere but people appear know what they doing.
We made it around our points of interest and finished on khao san rd which is full of markets, bars and food. We bought a bag as sometimes my bumbag dosent have ebuf room for suncream hand sanitizer tissues etc. daz then treated himself to some flip flops which he got cheaper than they initilly said he has a trick apparently you look at some you dont want but they think you do coz you asked about that first so they say a dear price n and you pull your face then point to ones you want and they will give you for cheaper price it worked.
All the walking about made us hubgry so we had some pattia recommeded by elaine she said i had to have it.
We made our way back to the boat to go back to hotel, not before buyong a buddha and of course a postcard for my grandma.Got on the boat three stops in.the boat broke down everyone was pushing speaking thai didnt have a clue what was goin on. we just stood on boat till a thai lady told us it broke.
so we got a tuk tuk back i was apprehensive about this as heard storys of bein ripped off taken to other places but we got a price before hand and he did stick to it. The tuk tuk was an experience im high on fumes and my heart at times was in my mouth they drive them like dodgems its quite funny but you seriously have to be skilled. i have never seen roads like it but apparently vietnam worse so i look forward to that. We eventually got home. nipped to shop for food supplies and to get myself some hair products as my hair so frizzy in this heat. i think.its helped but tomoz will tell. last day in Bangkok tomorrowthen we start the tour of cambodia and vietnam so.movingagain best get packing the backpack again.
hope people enjoy reading what we are getting upto. may not update for a while as not sure of days ahead.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb