Week 1 - Bangkok, Kanchanaburi & Ayuthaya!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
January 16th 2011
Published: January 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

First week has flown by and has been so hectic! We spent the first two nights in Bangkok, enjoying the chaos that is khao san and it's surroundings. Luckily our hostel was in a more relaxed "back- packer" area as we found khao san a bit too touristy.

We then headed west to kanchanaburi where we stayed on a floating bamboo guest house along the river kwai. Here we went elephant trekking and visited hell fire pass, the bridge over the river kwai and then went to an epic national park with amazing waterfalls: erawan falls.

Ayuthaya (the ancient capital city) was our next stop where we spent the day wondering around amazing wats (temples) where the royalty used to live. It was a beautiful place (apart from the poor elephants being forced to cart tourists around!) We thought Ayuthaya was spectacular so god knows what we will think of Sukhothai and Angkor!

We are currently in Sukhothai and have just been on a nice evening bike ride to stretch our legs after a 7 hour bus ride!

Will update again soon,

photos to be uploaded.......

xxxxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



21st January 2011
DSCF0287

hey
ive got the exact same photo! and the one of u on the log! hope u loving it.xxx

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb