pattaya


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Pattaya
March 28th 2006
Published: May 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We thought the Royal benja was posh ?!!!
The Asia Beach Pattaya was even better, Our own Beach with bar and restaurant, swimming pool with swim up bar. Once venturing into Pattaya we soon realised that this was just a 3rd generation of an entertainment town from the war days, loads of bars restaurants and places of ill repute, but now not just workin girls, but a whole few streets called boys town ???
We were happy to find out that the weekend we arrived was the once a year music festival and the main beach road was hosting several arenas of live music shows everynight.
There is an area called walking street, which like Bangkok was full of market stalls and street vendors selling various foods and creatures but basically sold the same stock as everywhere else in Thailand.
We met met up with some friends who own a restaurant/bar in central pattaya called the pattaya premiership (footy bar) and they showed as around.
We decided to check out the festival one night, just strolling along the sea front when a mad crowd appeared running through the streets towards us and everyone starting diving into the tents away from it, panicking, so we copied and just as we started running, I clocked some fella with a machette in his hand being chased through the mayhem towards us, we manged to dive away from it all, but not sure what happened, I think the Thais go a bit crazy when they get on the song sam ( Thai rum ) especially at carnival time !!!!
Anyways for the rest of the time at Pattaya we just chilled in our posh hotel grounds watching Karaoke and swimming up to the pool bar......Heaven

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb