Ko Si Chang
Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Blogs from Ko Si Chang
Latest Blogs from Ko Si Chang
- December 26th 2011 Christmas in 30 degrees!
by Words: 695 Photos: 3
- December 25th 2011 Christmas Day in the Sun!
by Words: 233 Photos: 4
- January 11th 2011 Koh Chang
by Words: 289 Photos: 4
- April 18th 2010 Koh Chang, Vietnam and staying out of trouble...
by Words: 1364 Photos: 41
- July 13th 2009 KO CHANG
by Words: 842 Photos: 26
- March 18th 2009 Sihnanoukville & Ko Chang
by Words: 1496 Photos: 42
- December 15th 2008 All-aboard the refugee-style ferry for Ko Si Chang!
by Words: 619 Photos: 4
- December 21st 2007 Ko Si Chang
by Words: 539 Photos: 6
- February 8th 2007 Random Encounter with a Pufferfish
by Words: 620 Photos: 8