Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Ko Mak
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Ko Mak
Latest Blogs from Ko Mak
- January 22nd 2010 Koh Larn
by Words: 105 Photos: 0
- December 31st 2009 Endenlig fandt vi vors oe (Koh Kut)
by Words: 996 Photos: 6
- May 30th 2009 KoH MAk...ab auf die insel....
by Words: 477 Photos: 33
- April 14th 2009 The last stop
by Words: 1574 Photos: 0
- March 31st 2009 Koh Mak, Thailand (to, at and from)
by Words: 2038 Photos: 12
- March 9th 2009 Koh Mak
by Words: 35 Photos: 18
- February 12th 2009 Finalmente mare!
by Words: 1375 Photos: 4
- February 5th 2009 Koh Mak - Paradise on earth
by Words: 189 Photos: 3
- January 23rd 2009 Ko Mak
by Words: 474 Photos: 0
- October 23rd 2008 Monkey Island enzo...
by Words: 558 Photos: 1
- February 9th 2008 Saa er ferien for alvor igang :-)
by Words: 1692 Photos: 18
- February 8th 2008 Koh Makin'
by Words: 728 Photos: 11
- January 9th 2007 Kayaking Ko Mak
by Words: 364 Photos: 11