Minnesota to Bangkok...zzzz....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 11th 2014
Published: July 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We made it. So here is what has happened... We left my parents house in Minnesota at 430 am on Tuesday morning it is an hour and a half to the airport and sure enough Ethan refused to nap, thankfully Owen did. We said goodbye to Grandma and the reality started to set in ... It is just us vrs them (big kids vrs littles). And sadly on the flight from Minneapolis to LAX the littles totally won. Ethan was beyond crazy with no sleep temper tantrums like wild, Owens poor ears were awful on the flight. To date that was the worse flight we have ever had. Glad it is behind us. We regrouped picked up a rental car and met up with some my awesome friends from PT school, and a friend from Florida, at the beach! We needed some sand and sun to relax. We spent the day in LA and even managed to squeeze in a trip to in and out burger. Delish!

Wednesday morning we repacked everything and after a last minute trip to target we were headed to LAX. so what we thought was going to be early for our flight turned into barely 5 min to spare before boarding, also I learned that I can breast feed Owen in the ergo while going through TSA and they completely leave you alone. So here comes to biggie. 13 blessed hours to shanghai! thankfully we had a good trip, we ended up getting an extra seat so gerson and Ethan had 2 and Owen and I had 2 as well. Ethan watched frozen 2 times played iPad for a couple of hours and then fell asleep for 7 hours! Owen slepted on and off, he didn't do as well as Ethan. But all in all the big kids won that flight.

Shanghai airport. Boring, but hey we got a smoothie from Starbucks. Talk about living it up and experiencing new cultures and food. The flight from shanghai to Bangkok was less desirable. We were both ready to quit. Our bums were beyond sore.

We landed in Bangkok to a angel choir singing hallelujah, exchanged some money, got to skip the Visa lines and use a priority lane because of the kids. Hopped a cab and arrived in Khaosan Road at 2:15 in the morning. Our beds never felt so good. We got a few hours of sleep and then the jet lag started to kick in.

So here goes the battle against jet lag and some fun in bangkok!

** our internet is a little slow so we only managed to upload 1 photo, hopefully it will pick up and we can add more **

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb