First full day in Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 22nd 2013
Published: January 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

First full day we were woken at 5.00 by a singing bird! Breakfast was a fried egg and frankfurter sausages some warm toast with a smile face on it with some pineapple jam. Yum! Yum! We met 2 people at 10.00 and took a taxi to the Grand place where we saw some temples. We had to borrow some trousers to cover our legs and Nathan decided to put his blue trousers on inside out. On our way out we were collared by a man wanting to take us to his boat for a ride. We bartered a price for four after him asking if Stacy (girl we met) was Jamie's girlfriend! Walking back to take our trousers there was a big sign. DO NOT GO ON BOATS WITH STRANGERS! We ran quick and got away! We then found ourselves walking through the street markets that come to a dead end where the proper boats went from, so we got on and went on a ride down the river and saw some sights! We then got a taxi to khaosan road to have some food and see it in the day light! It was then we realised we had just found a busy street yesterday and not khaosan road! The food and people were lovely! We all come back to our hostel and we make plans to go south! We took a taxi to the train station and booked a train for tomorrow night. We then tried to get a taxi back but they all laughed at us when we said we would not pay 250 baht and to put the meter on as it would only cost us 70bhat. We decided to have our first tuk tuk ride which was terrifying but we made it!

Advertisement



22nd January 2013

A good start
Sonds like you have had a fun start on your journey. Stay safe and have the biggest fun !!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb