Day 2: Arrival in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 11th 2012
Published: December 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Bangkok at 4pm (even though the flight attendant announced it was 4am as we landed!). Our rucksack (1 between us) appeared on the luggage carousel and a quick swap of the trainers for sandals took place. We braved the public transport system and headed into the city. Silom Rd to the hostel was our first stop and my what an experience! Street food, clothes and souvenirs all being sold on this hustle bustle street. Our hostel (or hos-tel as James likes to call it) Lub d Silom was really nice, so we booked a second night. Stuffed from a really good dinner at Suzy's on Silom 20 we headed to bed for an early night and a busy day of sight seeing for Day 3.

Baileys Bit:
I realised I needed to be careful here when we ordered a small and a medium meal and Cats filled a whole pineapple and mine filled the plate. The bill... £6. On our walk home we were joined by a stray dog, who we thought would lose interest and go away. But 15 minutes of walking and he was still following us. A loud bang luckily scared him off. Cat asked if he'd stolen anything... Yeah my thought as well.

Daily mileage: 0, after trekking round with the bag, having little to no sleep and it being dark I thought best I didn't. Although the 2 or so mile walk with the bag got a real sweat on in the humid conditions!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb