The madness that is Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 12th 2012
Published: May 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

In retrospect doing the floating markets 2 days into a world trip wasn't the smartest thing we have done


We spent our first full 3 days in Bangkok. We spent these days exploring Siam Square, including MBK where our first 2 great purchases took place - for myslef a pair of fishermans pants that have being worn once, and for Bree a see through dress. We ventured to Khao San Rd (backpackers paradise) and took in the surrounds whilst also booking a 1/2 day tour to the floating markets for the following day.

We ate often at small corner shops and off the street where we could pick up a local meal of fried rice and chicken for as little as $1.03 each.

In retrospect doing the floating markets 2 days into a world trip wasn't the smartest thing we have done, you go there to buy souviners etc. We had no use or room to purchase anything so our day was spent speaking to Sean, an American travelling solo through Europe and Asia.

3/4 days in Bangkok and you really feel like you need to be relaxing on a beach somewhere - so that's exactly what we planned to do.

On Thursday the 15th of March we were getting picked up and driven 2.5 hours south to an island called Ko Samet, so our last night in Bangkok was spent repacking our bags for the first time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb