Terminal 21 - Bangkok- A Unique Shopping Experience


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 19th 2012
Published: May 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Terminal 21 35 secs
2: Food Hall in Terminal 21 28 secs
Shopping is an experience in Bangkok. We read from another blog that visitors should go to Terminal 21 for a different kind of shopping experience.

After visiting MBK, we thought this would be another massive mall with hundreds of vendors selling their wares. Be prepared to be impressed.

A short subway ride to Sukhumvit station, Terminal 21 is a unique and fun shopping experience. The mall is set up as an airport complete with signs on destinations and gates. Every floor is based on a city theme. Prepare to be transported to Istanbul, Tokyo, San Francisco, Rome, Paris and London. This place is absolutely amazing.

You arrive either on the “Rome” floor or on the “Paris” floor. Not only are the shops organized by country/style type, but the floors offer the shoppers a visual simulation of the city. For example on the Turkish floor you will see beautiful Turkish lamps, on the Japan floor you will see two sumo statues about to fight, on the top floor, I was blown away to find a simulation of the golden gate bridge.

Even the bathrooms carry on the floor theme. For example to get to the bathrooms you walk to a train platform and go into the Ladies or Gents. Inside the bathroom there are pictures of the Tube map. Very thoughtful.

All floors have a series of well known shops (e.g. Paul Frank, Esprit, etc.) combined with boutique type smaller shops selling mid range priced objects. The food halls are AMAZING. Like all shopping malls, there are restaurants in the mall as well as a food hall. The food hall has tons of small shops selling every type of Asian food and drink. The basement has a dessert food hall which allows you to satisfy any (and I mean any) type of sweet craving you could possibly have.

If you have some time in Bangkok, this is worth a visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb