Last night in the far east


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 19th 2012
Published: April 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The clock is ticking, quite literally - I have about 15 09 secsto do this blog as my times about to run out.



So it's ourlast night tonight, and aswe are staying in BKK, we thought that we would splash out.We are staying at Lebua at State Tower, which is a glam 5 star hotel, which we got at an awesome price. The interior of the reception seems to be laced with all the gold of Siam. The staff cannot do enough for you, and there is a skybar. Only prop is there is a dress code for it, andas we are backpackers,havent been carrying around any shoes, only flip flops. They are ok for girls, just not men. So we are on the world famous Khao San Road trying to find a fewdeals. We have already brought t shirts and other clothes, but can't find shoes anywhere! Might jusrt have to sit on our balcony instead.Sad face.



Today we flewupfrom Krabi. I insisted,as I snobbishly wanted to pay more for nicer and quicker travel.Something that youd always consider in the UK, but when when backpacking you need to economise, however, flights with AirAsia were about 50quid each last minute, so we took those.



We stayed in the town of Krabi last night, after staying in Tonsai the night before. Tonsai was the hippie inland equivalent of Pai, a chilledbeach resort only reachable by boat. We managed to go kayaking to Railay, and went out on the sea for about 4 hours.... Very tired after, and nice pink noses to boot.



It's great being back in BKK, we both regretted not spending more time here, but cliched as it sounds, everywhere is just so full of character andtoo beautiful to visit for 12-24 hrs, you need to get a feel for a place, otherwise we could have travelled the world!



5:25 left....



We are heading back to our hotel soonish, and dont know whether to get there by tuk tuk or taxi... Tuk tuk is much cheaper, but there can sometimesbe a few naughty scams, so tend to avoid them when we can, but they make the journey more exciting!



We hope to blog our last chapter of the book tomorrow from the airport, and we think we we will discuss with you our next trip... TBC.



For the final time in Thailand, night night. Hope the bed bugs don't bite. They have bitten us most of this trip.



x

becky@andy

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb