Our first day in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 16th 2012
Published: April 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok- 16th February

The morning was eventful, at about 4am Becca and I had our first arguement of the trip but it was settled immediately. After waking up with horrible hangovers Lucy, Lena, Becca and I heading out for breakfast, i couldn't even stomach a yogurt, messy isn't even the word! 'Le Club' was certainly not expecting us Pembroke girls and our Welsh flag.

As Lena Lucy and Meg were flying to Australia that afternoon we said our goodbyes then becca and I headed out to explore Bangkok. Throughout the day our tuk-tuk driver took us to a number of beautiful temples, and surprisingly a couple of suit shops! (yes you read correctly). Our tuk-tuk driver drove us around Bangkok for around 50baht each, ( about one quid) we thought this was a bargain until we realised he was taking us to the suit shops because he wanted us to buy a suit which meant he got commission for petrol!!! In the last suit shop we were made to visit the shop assistant got angry as we said we were "just looking", he claimed it wasn't a museum, with that reception we left immediately.

After our tour around Bangkok's tailors we went on a boat on the citys river, Becca noticed a snake, i'm so glad I didn't see it!

In the evening we gathered a little crew together at the hostel and all headed out onto Ko- San Road which was followed by a ping pong show. The show included a number of different acts involving bananas, darts and live sex acts, was a very weird experience but so glad we went. I ended the night with another McDonalds, standard.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb