Bangers


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 2nd 2012
Published: April 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We couldnt believe we were back in Bangkok and 3months had passed! We arrived after a pretty stressful day travelling from Phuket and were entered our room which seemed like a £300 a night suite compared to the past few months. We had a bed, a couch, dvd player, microwave, kettle and fridge. Luxury or what. It was also within touching distance of the Skytrain which meant we could be anywhere in the City within 10minutes.

This time in Bangkok was mainly for shopping for presents for people back home and also enjoy ourselves for Rosaras birthday. I successfully found birthday cakes and she had a day of pampering before a meal at a restaurant she found online.

We went to Lumpini Park again and this time hired a peddle boat on the lake where we had fish jumping out the water at us and turtles coming up to say hello. We also got told off for playing cards in the park by a policeman.

Chatuchuk market at the weekend was absolutley huge and we spent 6hours here and still only touched about 50% of it. The market itself was brilliant and we picked up loads of stuff for good prices. Maybe we bought too much because we only went for presents and ended up with new wardrobes for ourselves. We wondered whether we needed to buy a suitcase to fit everything in but we were fine in the end.

We went to the Cinema again and seen The Hunger Games. This time we were Bangkok experts and were prepared for the Kings video before the films (stand up and be quiet while played).

Monday morning came before we knew it and our trip was over. We had to leave for the airport for home (via Dubai). An absolutely brilliant 3months in some amazing places with amazing people.


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb