Air Travel - Day 1&2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 11th 2011
Published: March 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well the flight wasn't too crash (good choice of wording) hot, the first leg of Sydney - Bangkok we flew a Boeing 777-300, a plane smaller than a 747 though was quite nice. I unfortunately managed to be seated near a man who kept wanting to initiate a conversation about how Bruce Willis always gets the woman he wants (amazing that inflight entertainment and what conversations arise from it), though luckily there was a spare empty seat between me and him. That flight was 8 hours, with 2 meals served. The stopover was brief, with a 45 min walk around Bangkok airport it was a nice chance to get that blood circulation flowing through the legs again!!

So back on board the same plane for the second leg Bangkok - Dubai, took 7 hours and was wedged next to this grumpy lady who kept sighing and making a fuss every time I moved. It's not easy being 6ft+ flying girl! I managed to sleep for most of this flight luckily, having a night flight makes it all that much better... probably hit her arm every now and then with the pillow, oh wells! When we touched down in Dubai I met Daina, an older Irish lady who just came back from Christchuch (epic timing), she was pretty eager to walk around the airport with me to have someone to talk to, I managed an escape!

On the final leg between Dubai and London Heathrow we were lucky enough to be on a new Airbus A380, and on top of that, the plane was half full! By this stage having noodles every leg so far for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea AND dinner, I said no to eating on the remainder of the journey. The views of Dubai were amazing, the buildings were beautiful and the amount of sand around the city was incredible!! So there is a channel on board the inflight entertainment that allows passangers to see the plane's progress on the flight, tracking it's speed, altitude and distance to go. Of coarse, everytime you flick to the channel it appears as if the flight hasn't even moved. This final leg was supposed to take 8 hours, with an expected arrival time of 11.15, we arrived at Heathrow just after midday as we circled London skies for almost an hour until air traffic authorities gave the cabin crew the all clear.

So I went back to my childhood ways I must admit watching Bambi, Monsters Inc & The Lion King on board the flgiht, aswell as Dinner for Schmucks, Paranormal Activity 2 and plenty of South Park.

My aunty and grandma picked me up from the airport which was nice, my bag however got tampered with during transit with the lock cut off however nothing luckily got stolen!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb