goodbye malaysia! hello thailand!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We knew it was time to leave Borneo and head to Thailand but it was still undecided where we were going to go. After spending some time on Mabul we decided our trip had been lacking in beach time, so tossing up between Railey and Koh Chang Island’s we headed to Tawau airport and two hours later we were back in KL, we headed for the airasia counter as we were told we could book tickets on the spot we had 2 hours before our flight so we thought there would be plenty of time to buy the tickets and check in, little did we know how little organization the airasia counter would have an hour later and 1hr 30 mins too late to make our flight we booked a tickets to Bangkok a little later then first expected and now we could hang at the airport for 5 and half hours till our flight.

We lost track of time with all the excitement of the airport (not!) but somehow managed to be late for our flight but luckily riki’s name was heard over the loud speaker and we made it just before take off. 3 hours later we arrive in Bangkok and wow what a change everything seemed so organized and BUSY compared to Borneo we even had to move whilst smoking as they have smoking areas and non smoking areas outside the airport. We took to express bus to Koh San raod and BOOM we were chaos. I’m sure Koh san is always quite crazy but we arrived at bout 10pm on sat night which happened to be Halloween which is celebrated predominantly over here. We walked around with our backpacks looking for anywhere that resembled accommodation but all we could find were bars, bars, bars finally we found a shoebox hotel smack in the middle of Koh San but hey it was only for the night and since we were not going to get much sleep due to all the noise we thought we better go enjoy all the ruckus. The first thing we noticed was how amazingly cheap the booze was. We sat and had a few buckets (for those unaware a beach sand bucket filled with booze red bull and other mixers) and ventured towards another bar for a few more. Cheap, cheap Pad Thai was had on the street and plenty more booze. I think we are going to like this place.

The next morning feeling very worse for wear but needing to check out and find somewhere to stay that was not an absolute ****hole we ventured down koh san and crossed the road and stumbled upon Sawasdee House and booked for two nights. A bit more then we hoped to pay but a very nice room and location, slightly away from koh san but still extremely close to all the action. We took it easy for two days and booked a bus to Koh Chang Island in the morning.





Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb