Temple of Dawn, and Train of Yawn


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 7th 2010
Published: January 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last day in Bangkok so were going to relax, then I had a sudden spurt of life and said lets go and see the 'Temple of Dawn'. We jumped on the bus and head to the Palace the walked to the river. We had some dinner in a shack on stilts on the river right next to the temple and watched the boats go up and down as were ate our food and sipped our ice cold Chang! Once we were ready to go again we jumped on the long boat and cruised down the river. Surrounded by Monks it was pretty surreal. After a nice little cruise we jumped off and got the skytrain back to our place. We hung around for an hour doing some research fo our next stop Chiang Mai. We hoped on a taxi to the Train station (Bang Sue), not Bangkok!! When we arrived there were dogs everywhere, just waiting as trains went through. We had to cross the tracks with our bags dodging trains, as you do!! It was a real experience, a health a safety officers field day!! Once finding our track we waited after decifering the conductors explanation, and jumped on our hour late train. Initially seats we had some snacks and Changs and watched the scenery, then once Laura was ready for a nap we had the guy change the seats to beds and it was pretty comfy!! A really nice experience, one of my favourites!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb