Bangkok, ping pong and tattoo's


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 27th 2009
Published: March 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Bangkok from Hong kong and it was the worse landing of an aircraft I've ever experienced. The pilot had to pull up at the last second because the plane in front had slowed that much due to bad weather. So we circle the airport wondering whether we're going to make it into thailand in one peice whilst the women behind us pulls down her oxygen mask and fits her LIFEJACKET over land - she was scared!!!
After 3 hours on an airport bus whcih was meant to take 45 mins, we arrive in the wonderful vancinity of Pat Pong - Bangkok's red light district! We had already booked accommdation at Hong Kong airport for fear of having to sleep on the street.
First evening we wonder around to find some food before having a few beers. By this time we had been offered a million ping pong shows, razor blade shows and even fruit shows so the novelity had truely worn off! Whilst in the pub watching the world go by I notice the waiter has a Koi tattoo on his arm so I ask him where he got it from! He takes me to his mates tattoo place which was highly professional called Y2J tattoo's! After a chat with the guys, Korn started drawing a design on my chest with pen after I showed him a picture on google. The design was amazing, I liked it and decided to get it done, by this time it was late so I scheduled to start the next day at 5 pm.
Day 1 of tattooing started at 5pm and finished at 11pm, he managed to get most the shading and all the outline done.
Day2 was painful, I arrived an hour before we started to get some numbing cream on the area which was raw. the cream did nothing. I only manged 2 and half hours the second session after alot of grinding my teeth! I plan to go back around 4/5th April to get it coloured!

Apart from tattooing, we saw the grand palace which is worth a tour because it is such a beautiful place. We also done some shopping in the MBT market which was massive. Bangkok has many markets which sell the same-same but different stuff. Our dissappointment with patpong area of bangkok came when Naomi was offered a man and women for the evening whilst looking around the local market close to the tattooist. The repeated offer of ping pong shows wore very thin quickly and we resisted the urge. One day we went to Kao San road which was obviously where all the backpackers stay so it only added to our disappointment but we plan to stay in that are when we return. Kao san road is so much more chilled out and traveller orientated place with restaurants, bars and markets!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



29th March 2009

Wow! Intense landing!!! Wish you could have taken a picture of the bird behind u with her fully kitted out with the lifejacket and oxygen mask haha Stage One of the tat looks very cool!!!!.... You now need to get buff to show it off ;-p Stay on Koh San Road - It is a lot more chilled out but no matter where u go in Thailand u will get heckled for everything!!! If you have an ipod u can take it to a place run by a brit ex-pat who will upload anything an everything!!!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb